On May 1st, I ran with my friend Julie in the OKC Memorial Half Marathon. Despite the fact it was 45 degrees, windy and rainy, I felt so blessed to be able to run in this race. Many of you know that I took this race as an opportunity to raise money in honor of Joey. He is the son of our very good friends Jon and Angie. He was diagnosed with Leukemia last Sept. Joey is such a fighter!! He is beating this cancer each day! It was also a great day because I got to run with my friend Julie. Her family moved about a year ago to Tulsa...it was so much fun to hang out with her for the weekend!
FYI: don't ever wear cotton workout pants to run in the rain!!
A huge thanks for all of your prayers and finicial support!!

No comments:
Post a Comment