Friday, September 9, 2011

Matsu: Our Fur Baby

On July 14, 2011 our ten and a half year old boxer died. Many of you understand that happiness often comes with a tail, so as you can imagine it was a hard day for our family. We had been preparing ourselves for this though. Matsu had an enlarged heart on one side. Last May she started having some fainting spells. The vet said that Matsu would probably pass out and not wake up some time in the near future.


On this particular Thursday, Matsu had come into the kitchen because she heard Ben making a sandwich before work and knew she would get a treat. After she got her piece of meat she wouldn't leave Ben's side. He gave her some quick lovens and then left for work. This was about 6:30am. I woke up around 8am and didn't see Matsu on her pillow in our bedroom. I immediately had a terrible feeling. I ran downstairs to her kennel calling her name. When I got to her she was lying in her kennel already lifeless.


There has not been a day gone by that she hasn't come to my mind...we sure miss her! She really was the perfect pooch!! There aren't many dogs that people ask to watch her when we go out of town. But she was just that kind of dog...many people enjoyed her. And two families we know got their own boxer dog because they enjoyed Matsu so much.




Posted by Picasa




That afternoon I decided to look through all of our pictures and find the ones with Matsu. If you click on the collage you can enlarge it. You will see that Matsu had a wonderful life! She made our life more wonderful too!!

No comments: