On November 6th Kacie finished her first 5k race. As her parents, Ben and myself were very proud of her. Of course for finishing the race, but mostly for her commitment to her training. In her 7 year life, this was one of the most physically difficult thing she has done. The first day of training we ran one mile...a walk, jog. She cried because it was very difficult for her. Each time out she found that it did not hurt as much. Although when we got up to two miles or more, there was a lot of drama. On one occasion she was crying and I stopped her and told her that she did not have to continue. This was supposed to be fun. While she continued to have tears running down her cheeks she replied, "mom, I am having fun". I just smiled on the inside and we continued running. On race day she had so much fun and there were no tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment