
Jan--Ben's mom
As I reflect on being a mom today, I think about how often I let the little things frustrate me and forget about how the little moments in my life will have such an impact on the rest of my children's lives. I heard a guy say recently that we live mostly in the mundane of life. What he was trying to get at is that we keep waiting for those "big" teaching moments. But really we are helping to shape our children's lives every time we act and react towards them....the mundane. Proverbs 31:28 talks about a mother being called blessed by her children. I know that all of us moms want that. And I am thinking maybe this mother is called blessed because she is consistent in her loving and caring. And is plodding along day to day in the mundane helping to shape her children by acting and reacting to her children the way God would lead her. I encourage you in your role as a mom to continue to plod away in raising your children. And know that all of you in my life who are moms often encourage me as I watch you with your children!!
1 comment:
Hey Jodie,
Just wanted to say hello. I'm enjoying your blog and looking forward to getting to know y'all better once we arrive in Kansas. See you the beginning of June.
Post a Comment